Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good Morning, Dubin!!

So here we sit in a Dublin hostel! We've arrived safely after a smooth but long day of travel! I think the phrase we said as we were landing was "Wow, this is Dublin!!! ...... now what?"

We both hardly slept in the plane, and so we're pretty exhausted (please excuse any errors made during this post, our brains are functioning at 1% currently!). We already love Dublin, and plans are in the works to move here shortly... ;)

Some highlights of the trip include a lot of incredibly rude airport staff who have too much attitude and zero listening skills, stealing cutlery from the plane to use while we're here, and the attractive young men with attractive accents! Also, as we've been wandering around the Dublin city centre trying to stay awake long enough til we can officially check in and get a bed, we went into a bookstore / random church and met this girl who came from Australia, whose name is Ali, and who is a nurse. What are the chances?

Okay well my brain is slowly shutting off and the time is ticking. Thanks for all your prayers! We somehow made it here and can't wait to begin the rest of our trip.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

cute boys with cute accents indeed. Definitely a highlight. I officially welcome you to Dublin! (even though I am sitting at work in Canada)

--travelling through you

Sonja

Anonymous said...

YAY ALI AND CATHY! I'm so glad you guys arrived safely and are enjoying the sites... sites of hot boys with hot accents, that is! YAY! (another yay = I'm done my last exam and it went well) - SUMMER IS HERE! Unfortunately I won't be able to check posts much so this could be my only message: Ali, remember your goals. And if you don't do them, I won't be your friend anymore. And Cathy - same to you - Ali will fill you in. I love you both so much and have SO MUCH FUN! be safe!

Cheers,
Paula

Anonymous said...

eeeeee

take pictures!!! post them!!! tell us every detail!!!

i am missing you!